501(c) Agencies Trust is a national organization created by a dozen nonprofits in 1982 that helps nonprofit organizations like yours leave the state unemployment tax system and become reimbursing employers.
State Unemployment Insurance Tax Alternatives
Under federal law, 501(c)(3)s can opt out of the state unemployment insurance tax system and simply reimburse the state for any paid benefits. Instead of paying a flat state tax rate, 501(c) Agencies Trust can help you build a reserve account that you own and that earns interest through sound conservative investing. 501(c) Agencies Trust monitors and handles all your unemployment claims and reimburses the state for any paid claims.
Included with 501(c) Agencies Trust membership is a suite of robust services designed to mitigate risk and minimize unemployment expenses, including:
- A dedicated unemployment claims representative
- Unlimited access to unemployment hearing representatives
- Unlimited access to senior HR professionals
- Re-employment tools and support for separated employees
- Industry-leading background and identity services
- Talent acquisition services
- Up-to-date employee management training for HR staff and other supervisors