A new opportunity awaits you at our 100% employee-owned organization!
Be part of assisting nonprofits across the country by becoming our General Accountant. Our open position is responsible for handling the primary accounting functions for our large grantor trust including managing daily Trust accounting activities.
We are looking for someone with a bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance (or equivalent years of experience), plus a minimum of 3-5 years of accounting experience with a strong working knowledge of MS Excel.
This is a full-time position with a robust benefits package, including 401(k) and ESOP.
Send all the application requirements to Jules at email@example.com. We’re keeping this posting open until it’s filled.
See below for complete details. Good luck with your job search!
Posted: September 20, 2021
Job Title: General Accountant
Department: Trust Administration
Reports To: Director of Client Relations & Support
Handles the primary Trust accounting functions for 501(c) Services. Manages daily Trust accounting activities, as well as the compilation and analysis of periodic accounting statements.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodations or other pertinent operational needs.
- Reviews accounting data for accuracy.
- Prepares schedules for yearly audit work. Works directly with auditors during their annual review.
- Closes year-end books when audit is completed.
- Maintains accuracy of the Trust general ledgers.
- Provides Board of Directors and internal management with financial statements, schedules, and yearly audited financial statements.
- Reconciles bank statements and investment statements.
- Processes all checks for the Trust.
- Assesses Trust cash flow and liquidity.
- Processes banking and investment transactions.
- Troubleshoots problems with accounting package and other departmental software problems with consultants.
- Calculates and prepares Trust quarterly and additional deposit invoices.
- Performs other duties as assigned by manager.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years’ experience.
- Minimum 3-5 years accounting experience including period end processing, financial reporting and working with internal and external auditors.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Excel.
- Experience with Microsoft GP software is a strong plus.
- Acute attention to detail.
- Proven ability to manage priorities, multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and in a team atmosphere.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact effectively, cooperatively, and respectfully with others, and to develop and maintain good working relationships.
- Must be flexible and willing to contribute to the job duties of the team and accept other duties as assigned.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
- Coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Sit or stand at a computer for prolonged periods of time.
- Perform repetitive motion activities.
- Accurately complete detailed forms and reports.
- Has strong organizational skills and experience in managing complex and multi-dimensional projects.
- Uses tact and discretion in handling a variety of sensitive and confidential matters.
- Must be dependable, dedicated, accurate, and able to prioritize and follow work instructions with minimal supervision.
- Works in an office setting (potential for a hybrid schedule after training period).
- Schedule: Monday-Friday. Typical schedule, 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. Occasional overtime as needed.
- Our offices are currently located in San Jose, California.
RICH BENEFITS PACKAGE
- Employer pays 90% of employee medical cost. Full employer paid dental, vision, life insurance, Employee Assistance Program (EAP). This benefit package has a typical value of $25,000 per year.
- Flex Spending Account (FSA).
- First year: 20 PTO days and 10 holidays, plus 2 floating holidays.
- 401(k) Retirement Plan and Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP).
- The salary range for this position is $68,000 – $88,000 DOE.
This is a confidential, non-exempt position.
- Please submit the following documents by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Job application (click here to download)
- Three (3) Professional references, including a prior or current supervisor
- Resumes must be accompanied by an employment application.
- If applicable, please submit any college transcripts, licenses, and/or certificates as an attachment to your application.
Selected candidate must pass a criminal background and credit history check. (501(c) Services follows all FFCRA rules and regulations.)
POSITION IS OPEN UNTIL FILLED. 501(c) SERVICES IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
501(c) Services is a 100% employee-owned organization. We began our work with nonprofits in 1982. During that time, we have helped 501(c)(3)’s with our unemployment outsourcing and HR services. We provide assistance to more than 3,000 nonprofits in 34 countries. Our main work with nonprofits is helping those qualified reimburse their unemployment responsibilities instead of paying state unemployment insurance taxes. The programs we have created to do this include the 501(c) Agencies Trust, UInsure, the Boy Scouts Unemployment Plan and 501(c) Unemployment Assist. 501(c) Services is headquartered in San Jose, California but we have employees located throughout the continental United States. We have nearly 30 employees with an average tenure of more than 12 years!