Native Freedom Trust provides tribally owned corporations the tools needed to shed governmental control of their unemployment risk. By providing an alternative to state unemployment insurance (SUI), Native Freedom Trust brings unemployment in house and saves money.
State Unemployment Tax Alternatives
Federal law allows certain employers, including tribally owned businesses, to opt out of paying SUI taxes and instead reimburse the state for unemployment benefits paid out to separated employees. For many employers, this is a cost savings opportunity when paired with appropriate risk management services. A typical employer can realize a potential savings in excess of 20% per year versus paying SUI taxes.
Typically, employers with a minimum of 15 full-time employees and/or a gross annual payroll over $1 million are best suited for this option.
Included with a Native Freedom Trust membership is a suite of robust services designed to even further mitigate risk and minimize unemployment expenses, including:
- A dedicated unemployment claims representative
- Unlimited access to unemployment hearing representatives
- Unlimited access to senior HR professionals
- Industry-leading background and identity services
- Up-to-date employee management training for HR staff and other supervisors